URGENT URGENT: RMI ConnectIOException

Raydo

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I am working on an applet which should use RMI. In my appletviewer it
used to work great, but in Netscape I get the following exception:

java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: viper;
nested exception is:
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: Operation timed out: no further
information
at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:487)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Compiled Code)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Compiled Code)
at irc.IRCClient_Stub.updateIRC(IRCClient_Stub.java)
at irc.IRCServer.writeToIRC(IRCServer.java:20)
at irc.IRCServer_Skel.dispatch(IRCServer_Skel.java)
at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.oldDispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:342)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Compiled Code)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:123)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Compiled
Code)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

My server makes a callback to the client. This is where something goes
wrong. Has anyone experienced this problem before ? and how can it be
solved ?