HELP

Muralidhar Vempaty

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
Hi
Maybe, this has already been addressed here before:
I am trying to run an external shell script from my Java program and I am seeing an exception as follows:
java.io.IOException: Not enough space
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:62)
    at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Compiled Code)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Compiled Code)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Compiled Code)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Compiled Code)

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thank you

Roedy Green

Nov 21, 2000, 10:25:36 PM11/21/00
On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:57:03 -0800, Muralidhar Vempaty
<vem...@iplanet.com> wrote or quoted :

See "exec" in the Java glossary. I suspect you are accidentally
trying to spawn a process on the A: drive.

The Java & Internet Glossary is at http://mindprod.com
--
Roedy Green, Canadian Mind Products
-30-

Thomas Durlach

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
ok.....i have noticed that java does an extremely poor job of garbage
collecting...i am running an applet with alot of classes.....tons of
listeners and components. is there a quick and dirty way of clearing this
crap out of memory or do i have to deallocate everything (all the way down
to the listerer level)????????

regards,

tom

Juan Valdez

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Java does a terrific job of garbage collection. However, if you've
circular references to root level classes due to anonymous inner
classes (likely your listeners), java will not garbage collect them
because they are accessable from a root node.

Darryl L. Pierce

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:05:50 -0500, "Thomas Durlach"
<durl...@msu.edu> wrote:

>ok.....i have noticed that java does an extremely poor job of garbage
>collecting...i am running an applet with alot of classes.....tons of
>listeners and components. is there a quick and dirty way of clearing this
>crap out of memory or do i have to deallocate everything (all the way down
>to the listerer level)????????

You need to have the listeners remove themselves as listeners from the
objects they're monitoring. Java's GC doesn't make that decision for
you. The tool is wonderful if you're using it right.

Is mise le meas,

| Darryl L. Pierce <mcpi...@gaeilge.net> |
| My homepage <http://welcome.to/mcpierce> |
| "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 |
| ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison |
| *** LEGAL NOTICE TO SPAMMERS *** By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), |
| anyone sending unsolicited email agrees pay a storage fee of $100 per day |
| for a minimum of 30 days, or $3000 in damages. |