Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

jar -ring problems (think)

0 просмотров

Riyaz Mansoor

не прочитано,
4 окт. 2001 г., 18:13:4504.10.2001

i'v got a small app that works like this.

working_directory/app.jar
working_directory/modules/mod1.jar
working_directory/modules/mod2.jar

if i run the files contained in app.jar without jarring it works fine. but
if i run it from the jar i get the following error. any ideas? or do u need
more info?

thanx

riyaz

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/jai/PlanarImage
at
rmanchu.thesis.modules.convolution.TB_Convolution.actionPerformed(TB_
Convolution.java:25)
at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknow
n Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Sour
ce)

Jon Skeet

не прочитано,
4 окт. 2001 г., 01:32:2804.10.2001
Riyaz Mansoor <s80...@student.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> i'v got a small app that works like this.
>
> working_directory/app.jar
> working_directory/modules/mod1.jar
> working_directory/modules/mod2.jar
>
> if i run the files contained in app.jar without jarring it works fine. but
> if i run it from the jar i get the following error. any ideas? or do u need
> more info?
>
> Exception occurred during event dispatching:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/jai/PlanarImage

My guess is that you've got the JAI extension jar file in (say)
c:\JDK1.3.1\jre\lib\ext, but when you double click on a jar file it's
using c:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\java

Edit the file type in Windows Explorer and try again.

--
Jon Skeet - <sk...@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/

Riyaz Mansoor

не прочитано,
5 окт. 2001 г., 13:37:5905.10.2001

"Jon Skeet" <sk...@pobox.com> wrote in message

> My guess is that you've got the JAI extension jar file in (say)
> c:\JDK1.3.1\jre\lib\ext, but when you double click on a jar file it's
> using c:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\java

thanx and you were right.

how you guessed that right on the first try....

riyaz

Jon Skeet

не прочитано,
5 окт. 2001 г., 03:22:2405.10.2001

I've seen the problem many times before :)

Jezuch

не прочитано,
5 окт. 2001 г., 14:31:5005.10.2001
On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 06:32:28 +0100, Jon Skeet <sk...@pobox.com> wrote:

>My guess is that you've got the JAI extension jar file in (say)
>c:\JDK1.3.1\jre\lib\ext, but when you double click on a jar file it's
>using c:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\java
>
>Edit the file type in Windows Explorer and try again.

There's one more thing - JRE's installer is "smart" and it installs
java.exe and javaw. exe in a location, where it it will always can be
found by PATH - it's the main directory of Windows. They're also using the
"wrong" classpath, and when you're running java.exe from a bach file, the
same problem appears. I always delete them to avoid that :)
--
Ecce Jezuch
http://free.polbox.pl/j/jezuch - Kronika paranoika

Jon Skeet

не прочитано,
6 окт. 2001 г., 04:00:4106.10.2001
Jezuch <jez...@interia.pl> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 06:32:28 +0100, Jon Skeet <sk...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> >My guess is that you've got the JAI extension jar file in (say)
> >c:\JDK1.3.1\jre\lib\ext, but when you double click on a jar file it's
> >using c:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\java
> >
> >Edit the file type in Windows Explorer and try again.
>
> There's one more thing - JRE's installer is "smart" and it installs
> java.exe and javaw. exe in a location, where it it will always can be
> found by PATH - it's the main directory of Windows.

Yes - that's effectively a link to the one in JavaSoft.

> They're also using the
> "wrong" classpath, and when you're running java.exe from a bach file, the
> same problem appears. I always delete them to avoid that :)

I prefer just to add a path entry to the JDK early on in the path,
myself...

0 новых сообщений