Getting SocketTimeoutException when trying to contact web service

laredotornado

May 13, 2009, 9:49:19 AM5/13/09

I'm using WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5. I'm trying to contact a web
service, which runs on http, port 80. Although I can SSH in to the
weblogic server and run "wget http://myservice/WSDL", when I try and
contact it through my code, I'm getting

ERROR 2009-05-13 09:35:54,521 -
[com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm::contactWPS] - Failed to
contact provisioning service.
java.rmi.RemoteException: SOAPFaultException - FaultCode [{http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server] FaultString [Failed to
receive message java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed outRead
timed out] FaultActor [null] Detail
[<detail>java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
</detail>]; nested exception is:
javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Failed to receive
message java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed outRead timed out
at
com.myco.regui.provisioning.client.ProvisioningAccountServicePortType_Stub.get
(ProvisioningAccountServicePortType_Stub.java:37)
at com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm.contactWPS
(AccountsForm.java:216)
at
com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm.validateAccountid
(AccountsForm.java:167)
at
com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm.validatePCAccountId
(AccountsForm.java:135)
at
com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm._validatePCFields
(AccountsForm.java:116)
at com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm.validate
(AccountsForm.java:90)
at
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ValidateActionForm.validate
(ValidateActionForm.java:58)
at
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractValidateActionForm.execute
(AbstractValidateActionForm.java:120)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute
(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute
(ChainBase.java:191)
at org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute
(LookupCommand.java:305)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute
(ChainBase.java:191)
at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process
(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process
(ActionServlet.java:1913)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost
(ActionServlet.java:462)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
763)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
856)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper
$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet
(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute
(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute
(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext
$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3231)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs
(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs
(SecurityManager.java:121)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute
(WebAppServletContext.java:2002)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute
(WebAppServletContext.java:1908)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run
(ServletRequestImpl.java:1362)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)
Caused by: javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Failed to receive
message java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed outRead timed out
at weblogic.wsee.codec.soap11.SoapCodec.decodeFault
(SoapCodec.java:273)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.CodecHandler.decodeFault
(CodecHandler.java:106)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.CodecHandler.decode
(CodecHandler.java:91)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.CodecHandler.handleFault
(CodecHandler.java:79)
at weblogic.wsee.handler.HandlerIterator.handleFault
(HandlerIterator.java:254)
at weblogic.wsee.handler.HandlerIterator.handleResponse
(HandlerIterator.java:224)
at
weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.ClientDispatcher.handleResponse
(ClientDispatcher.java:161)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.dispatch.client.ClientDispatcher.dispatch
(ClientDispatcher.java:116)
at weblogic.wsee.ws.WsStub.invoke(WsStub.java:89)
at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.StubImpl._invoke(StubImpl.java:335)
at
com.myco.regui.provisioning.client.ProvisioningAccountServicePortType_Stub.get
(ProvisioningAccountServicePortType_Stub.java:32)
... 28 more

Does anyone know what the next steps I need to take to troubleshoot
this problem? Thanks, - Dave

John B. Matthews

May 13, 2009, 9:37:29 PM5/13/09
In article
<afae579b-34ae-47fa...@g19g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>,
laredotornado <laredo...@zipmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5. I'm trying to contact a web
> service, which runs on http, port 80. Although I can SSH in to the
> weblogic server and run "wget http://myservice/WSDL", when I try and
> contact it through my code, I'm getting
>
> ERROR 2009-05-13 09:35:54,521 -
> [com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm::contactWPS] - Failed to
> contact provisioning service.

[...]

> Does anyone know what the next steps I need to take to troubleshoot
> this problem?

On the server, check netstat; on the client, try ping <host>, telenet
<host> 80, curl or wget.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Jim

May 13, 2009, 10:04:38 PM5/13/09
On Wed, 13 May 2009 21:37:29 -0400, "John B. Matthews"
<nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>In article
><afae579b-34ae-47fa...@g19g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>,
> laredotornado <laredo...@zipmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm using WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5. I'm trying to contact a web
>> service, which runs on http, port 80. Although I can SSH in to the
>> weblogic server and run "wget http://myservice/WSDL", when I try and
>> contact it through my code, I'm getting
>>
>> ERROR 2009-05-13 09:35:54,521 -
>> [com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsForm::contactWPS] - Failed to
>> contact provisioning service.
>[...]
>> Does anyone know what the next steps I need to take to troubleshoot
>> this problem?
>
>On the server, check netstat; on the client, try ping <host>, telenet
><host> 80, curl or wget.

Any chance that you are going through a proxy?

Jim