java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

Roland Knor

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

I am using a JNI_VM in C++ and run the application on a Windows NT 4.0
machine. One java-method keeps following lines:

try {
listenSocket = new ServerSocket(port);
}
catch( IOException e) {
ErrHandler.printex(e);
}

However this lines cause following Error Message:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no net in shared library path
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:440)
at
at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:57)
at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:131)
at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:83)
at Tris.RealData.server.Listener.run(Listener.java:76)

Has anyone an idea what this message is supposed to mean?

I appreciate any help!

Roland

Steven Brodhead

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

Most likely your PATH does not have the DLL's of the JDK in it.

Alan Spencer

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97
to Roland Knor

--------------D70C0AC18E0156B48E06E091

What you need to do is set up you're PATH properly.
Most Java VMs need some DLLs to run, I presume you are using
JDK 1.1.x ?? Well, in their bin directory there is a dll called net.dll
and it
(presumably) contains all the networking code. So, when you try
to create a ServerSocket, it tries to load the DLL, but it can't find
it.
As far as I know, NT looks in your path (as well as other standard)
places
for DLLs. So add the bin directory to you're path...

Alan

Roland Knor wrote:

--------------D70C0AC18E0156B48E06E091

begin: vcard