Problem starting appletviewer

Tony Morris

Mar 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/30/98

hi,

I was woundering if anyone can help me, I must have something
wrong woth my environment, or the wrong version of libraries
but when I run appletviewr I get the following error:carob[34]>

appletviewer
ld.so.1: /opt/local/java/1.1.4/bin/sparc/green_threads/java: fatal:
relocation error: symbol not found: XtStrings: referenced in
/opt/local/java/1.1.4/lib/sparc/green_threads/libawt.so (libawt.so)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no awt in shared library path
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
at
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:402)
at sun.applet.AppletCopyright.<init>(AppletCopyright.java:36)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.mainInit(AppletViewer.java:1030)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.main(AppletViewer.java:1039)

I am running on a UnltaSparc:
uname -a
SunOS carob 5.5.1 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

and running version jdk 1.1.4 but also get the smae error when
runnig jdk 1.0.2.

I believe it has something to do with the version of X11 I'm
using, any ideas?

cheers

tony

--