JBuilder Query ...

Jonathan Allen

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Any ideas what exactly this means:

AppAccelerator(tm) 1.1.2.018 for Java (JDK 1.1), x86 version.
Copyright (c) 1997 Borland International. All Rights Reserved.
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(Compiled Code)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.showAppletStatus(AppletPanel.java:570)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.init(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.<init>(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.StdAppletViewerFactory.createAppletViewer(AppletViewer.java:87)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:900)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.main(Compiled Code)

This is an applet that runs fine if compiled in Symantec Cafe, and is
completely unchanged at the source level in JBuilder, running in the
JBuilder appletviewer.

Jonathan

Jonathan Allen | jona...@mirror.demon.co.uk | Voice: 012713-79023
Barum Computer Consultants | jere...@cix.co.uk | Fax: 012713-24183

Rich Wilkman

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Jonathan:

The "JBuilder Applet Viewer" is the one straight from the JDK (it's in
jbuilder\\java\bin). I suspect a difference in classpaths between the two cases.

-Rich

Jonathan Allen

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Rich,

You said:
: The "JBuilder Applet Viewer" is the one straight from the JDK (it's in

: jbuilder\\java\bin). I suspect a difference in classpaths between the
: two cases.

I have also had email suggesting that JBuilder has difficulty finding
some things if not installed on C:. I certainly have installed JBuilder
on E: rather than C:. Is this adjustable through the IDE, or do I have
to simply unistall and re-install on C: ?

barleyboy

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Jonathan -

I've got JBuilder installed on E: as well. Have you looked into the
whole classpath situation Rich suggested? In JBuilder you set this
up through File|Project Properties (?) -- each project retains its
own settings.

Rich Wilkman

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Jonathan:

I install JBuilder on one drive, keep my source tree on another and deliver
classes all over the place. That's not the issue for this one.

BTW, there are a whole slew of JBuilder forums. Subscribe at forums.borland.com.

-Rich

Jonathan Allen

Nov 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/19/97

barleyboy (barl...@nospam.com) wrote:
: I've got JBuilder installed on E: as well. Have you looked into the

: whole classpath situation Rich suggested? In JBuilder you set this
: up through File|Project Properties (?) -- each project retains its
: own settings.

I have all the files for my project on D: (just to complicate things)

Edit Source Path: D:\EDI\java\applet
E:\JBuilder\myprojects
E:\JBuilder\java\src.zip
E:\JBuilder\src\jgl-src.zip
E:\JBuilder\src\jbcl-src.zip

Edit Class Path: E:\JBuilder\lib\jbcl.zip
E:\JBuilder\lib\jgl.zip
E:\JBuilder\java\lib\classes.zip

Out Path: D:\EDI\java\applet

Should I have my own directory on the classpath ?