Mozilla & Java3d

1 view

Christian Bruccoleri

Apr 3, 2003, 11:52:10 AM4/3/03
Hello Gurus,
I am trying to run the Java3D HelloUniverse applet from Mozilla 1.0.1,
with RH Linux 8.0

Let JRE_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.1_02

Installed jre1.4.1 with mozilla plugin and java3d extension (.jre) in
$JRE_HOME/lib/ext.

The plugin works fine for every other applet, except for java3d based.
It does not see the java3d classes inside the ext directory.

(Output from Java Consolle):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/j3d/Node
java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1590)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:567)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(AppletViewer.java:1778)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:496)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:293)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Anyone can help ?

Appreciated,
Chris

Mark McKay

Apr 3, 2003, 2:25:53 PM4/3/03

My guess would be that Java3D is not installed (I received similar
errors). I ran into this on Win32. I would suggest reinstalling
Java3D, now that the Java plugin has been installed. You may also want
to post to comp.lang.java.3d.

Mark McKay

--
http://www.kitfox.com

--
Mark McKay

Chris

Apr 3, 2003, 2:45:56 PM4/3/03
Thanks Mark,
but java3d is installed, since if I run java JVM from consolle
the applet starts without problems. I am sure that I am using the same
JVM as for the plugin because I entered the full path to java when
invoked it, just to avoid ambiguity.
Trying to post also on comp.lang.java.3d ...

Appreciated,
Chris