JavaSound with CMI8783 and 2.4.22 kernel

Marcus B.

Oct 3, 2003, 11:14:01 AM10/3/03
Hello,
I'm trying to get the JavaSound demo running with debian linux, 4.2.22-1
kernel and a cmi8783 soundcard. I have compiled the soundcard support into
the kernel and everything looks fine. All native apps (KDE) are able to use
the card - but the JavaSound demo does not work. If i run it using
Blackdown's jdk 1.4.1 just nothing happens when i press the play button,
not even an error message... I Sun's jdk 1.4.2_01 there appear the
following messages:
javax.sound.sampled.LineUnavailableException: Audio Device Unavailable
at com.sun.media.sound.HeadspaceMixer.nResume(Native Method)
at
com.sun.media.sound.HeadspaceMixer.implOpen(HeadspaceMixer.java:346)
at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMixer.open(AbstractMixer.java:286)
at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMixer.open(AbstractMixer.java:323)
at com.sun.media.sound.MixerClip.open(MixerClip.java:158)
at com.sun.media.sound.MixerClip.open(MixerClip.java:249)
at Juke.loadSound(Juke.java:257)
at Juke.run(Juke.java:409)

I wonder why the other apps are able to use the audio device, but not the
native java sound libraries...
Could anyone help me, with this? Or any ideas??

Greetings,
Marcus