Broken Pipe - IOException - from Servlet

1 view

Art

Jan 9, 2002, 11:21:00 AM1/9/02

I have a web application that seems to work ok - no outages thus far,
but, when I check the log file I find a lot of broken pipe exceptions.
I'm using Tomcat 3.3 with Apache 1.3 and Java JVM 1.2.1 on a Sun Sparc
running Solaris 5.8.

Here is a sample message:

2002-01-09 08:17:23 - Ctx(/cmprod) : Broken pipe in R( /cmprod +
/Group + null) - java.io.IOException: Broken p
ipe
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Compiled Code)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10.doWrite(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.AJP12Response.doWrite(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.append(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.IntermediateOutputStream.write(Compiled
Code)
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.WriteConvertor.write(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.C2BConverter.convert(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.OutputBuffer.realWriteChars(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.CharChunk.flushBuffer(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.OutputBuffer.flush(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.OutputBuffer.close(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Response.finish(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp12Interceptor.processConnection(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled
Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Thanks,

Art