Launching java -jar not working

Karsten Wutzke

Jun 29, 2002, 10:08:59 AM6/29/02
Hi all!

This is pretty basic, but I don't get why it doesn't work:

I'm trying to use a downloaded jar as my make tool. So I used the shell
command:

java -jar C:\dev\javamake\javamake.jar

or on the Cygwin shell (C: is mounted at "/work")

java -jar /work/dev/javamake/javamake.jar

Gives:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: <can't find the
specified path (in German)>
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:55)

Then I tried:

find /work/dev/j* -name javamake.jar

Gives:

/work/dev/javamake/javamake.jar

So I can rely on the JAR's existence in that path.

But I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I had a look at the
java.sun.com site, found the respective document, but I don'e seem to be
doing a mistake.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Karsten

PS: The reason why I'm trying all this is simple: I don't want to keep
the javamake.jar per project (in the project root), instead I only want
to use ONE copy.