Java help please!!!!!!!

mmbell10

Dec 25, 2013, 11:24:30 PM12/25/13
Java does not seem to agree with my computer. It used to work fine but now all programs that run java seem to have issues running. I have windows 8 and I have to download both 64 and 32 bit versions of java.

I never had a problem with java up until now and I have done everything within my knowledge to fix the issue. Java 7 no longer runs correctly on my computer and I tried using Java 6 instead but it is all the same.

The main reason I am doing this is for a minecraft server that I used to have running fine but now wont work because of java errors. I know its java because it states this error message in the server promt:

[22:04:09] [Server console handler/ERROR]: Exception handling console input
java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid
at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_34]
at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_34]
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_34]
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_34]

Me being uneducated about the program, does not know what to do to handle this.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Jeff Higgins

Dec 26, 2013, 1:24:58 PM12/26/13
There seems to problems with the Minecraft server:
Much recent activity around the web search terms:
minecraft + "Server console handler/ERROR" + "Exception handling console
input"

Roedy Green

Dec 28, 2013, 5:25:13 AM12/28/13
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 20:24:30 -0800 (PST), mmbell10
<mmbe...@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
said :

>Java does not seem to agree with my computer.

There is a distinction between a problem with Java, and a problem with
a particular program written in Java. If the problem is with Java, you
would usually see the problem in many different programs.

Try running some other programs written in Java. see
http://mindprod.com/products.html I think you will find the problem
is with the Mimecraft server program.
Unlike many machines, computers require no water once they are
manufactured.

kharm...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2014, 10:23:17 AM1/22/14
I had this problem when I was starting Java Programming for my classes. You are doing everything right so far, by downloading both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Next thing to do is check to see if you can download the access bridge. Also did you check your environmental variables.

I have a google account but have a lot of mail through it, if you need help let me know. Email me at krh...@hotmail.com. I might be able to help you out.