java.lang.LinkageError

brock

Jul 18, 2001, 12:53:39 PM7/18/01
I've recently been getting a java.lang.LinkageError while calling a JSP (the
complete stack trace is below).

I'm using ServletExec as my Application Server--it creates a copy of the
classes in my COM directory and places them in the WEB-INF/classes dir. I'm
able to temporarily resolve this problem by deleting those created copies of
the class and restarting the server.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

--

ServletExec.ProcessRequest() error: java.lang.LinkageError: Class
com/inctanc/landhere/display/ListingRequest violates loader constraints

java.lang.LinkageError: Class com/inctanc/landhere/display/ListingRequest
violates loader constraints

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)

at
com.inctanc.landhere.display.ListingPrinter.<init>(ListingPrinter.java:20)

at pagecompile._listings._index_xjsp._jspService(_index_xjsp.java:113)

at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.JSP10HttpJspPage.service(JSP10HttpJspPage.java)

at com.unify.ewave.servletexec.JSP10Servlet.service(JSP10Servlet.java)

at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletService(ServletExec.java)

at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.
java)

at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationIn
fo.java)

at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo
.java)

at com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)

at com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)

Don Vining

Jul 20, 2001, 8:03:51 AM7/20/01

"brock" <foots...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I've recently been getting a java.lang.LinkageError while calling a JSP
(the
> complete stack trace is below).
The Javadoc says:
"Subclasses of LinkageError indicate that a class has some dependency on
another class; however, the latter class has incompatibly changed after the
compilation of the former class."