Java Error

1 view

Lenny

Oct 20, 2005, 6:30:34 PM10/20/05
I don't have any knowledge of Java, but hope someone can give me some advice
on a site I'm trying to use.
The site is for monitoring a chiller and I should be able to access the
chiller controls etc. I can get a mimic page but the rest just site there
not loading with the following error

Exception in creating
java.io.EOFException
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.rapideffect.progenie.acd.client.MapThread.run(MapThread.java:106)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I've mailed the company that host and develop the site as well as the
company that supplied and maintain the machine but do not appear to be
getting far. It would be nice if the site worked so that I could attend to
faults at home before calling someone out.

Can anyone offer advice on the error so that perhaps I can point the company
in the correct direction to try to resolve the issue.

Thanks for any help

Len

Andrew Thompson

Oct 20, 2005, 6:50:01 PM10/20/05
Lenny wrote:

> Can anyone offer advice on the error so that perhaps I can point the company
> in the correct direction to try to resolve the issue.

They don't sound that interested in fixing it.
If that impression is correct, find yourself a company
willing to support their own product and point the
company toward bankruptcy.

If I have the wrong impression, tell them I charge $50 an hour,
and cannot debug applets across the net without access to the
applet web page (and probably) the applet source.

Either way, I cannot see us* resolving it here.

* 1 keen user and a lot of Java programmers with too
little information.

Roedy Green

Oct 20, 2005, 7:45:13 PM10/20/05
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:30:34 GMT, "Lenny"
<len....@fedupwithspam.ntlworld.com> wrote or quoted :

>java.io.EOFException
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(Unknown Source)
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(Unknown Source)
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(Unknown Source)
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at com.rapideffect.progenie.acd.client.MapThread.run(MapThread.java:106)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It appears to be reading a group of objects from the server, but it
was expecting more than the server sent. This is not a problem you can
likely fix. It is very odd code for an EOFException not to be handled
more elegantly. I suspect this company hired a programmer who was not
very experienced. Hint: start looking for a replacement "chiller"
whatever that is.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.