What causes MissingResourceException?

Jim Icenhower

Dec 31, 2000, 1:17:29 PM12/31/00
I've just started learning Java and when I try to execute an applet
copied from a book I get the following error. Any sugggestions on
where the problem lies? TIA

Exception in thread "main" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't
find resource for bundle sun.applet.resources.MsgAppletViewer, key
appletpanel.badattribute.exception
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:382)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:354)
at
sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(AppletMessageHandler.java:
42)
at
sun.applet.AppletPanel.showAppletStatus(AppletPanel.java:697)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.init(AppletPanel.java:185)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.<init>(AppletViewer.java:175)
at
sun.applet.StdAppletViewerFactory.createAppletViewer(AppletViewer.jav
a:81)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:1035)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:969)
at sun.applet.Main.run(Main.java:140)
at sun.applet.Main.main(Main.java:82)

Jimbo

Dec 31, 2000, 1:51:31 PM12/31/00
Well, I figured it out. Darn commas! Thanks to everyone who read this.
Jim