Help!!! java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

G Liu

Jan 29, 2001, 2:10:39 PM1/29/01
to gx...@yahoo.com
I installed JDK1.3 on a Windows 98 platform. I followed the instruction
from Sun website correctly including setting PATH and CLASSPATH
parameters in autoexec.bat. I can run Java application correctly. But
whenever I ran applets with AWT or applications with swings, I got the
following error message. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
C:\jdk1.3\jre\bin\awt.dll: An attempt was made to load a program with an

incorrect format
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1382)
at
sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:53)
at
sun.awt.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(NativeLibLoader.java:41)
at sun.awt.DebugHelper.<clinit>(DebugHelper.java:29)
at java.awt.Component.<clinit>(Component.java:356)
Press any key to continue...

Ge 1/29/01

Chris Smith

Jan 29, 2001, 2:27:52 PM1/29/01
"G Liu" <gx...@yahoo.com> wrote ...

> I installed JDK1.3 on a Windows 98 platform. I followed the instruction
> from Sun website correctly including setting PATH and CLASSPATH
> parameters in autoexec.bat. I can run Java application correctly. But
> whenever I ran applets with AWT or applications with swings, I got the
> following error message. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> C:\jdk1.3\jre\bin\awt.dll: An attempt was made to load a program with an
> incorrect format

Sounds like the DLL is corrupted somehow. Try downloading again and
reinstalling.

Chris Smith

Roedy Green

Jan 30, 2001, 10:45:31 AM1/30/01
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:10:39 -0500, G Liu <gx...@yahoo.com> wrote or
quoted :

See http://www.mindprod.com/errormessages.html

--
Answers to the four most frequent questions:
Please consult the Java glossary: