Newbie:Tomcat installation help

a p

Jun 18, 2001, 2:47:34 PM6/18/01
I have added these to my autoexec.bat:

set TOMCAT_HOME=C:\tomcat
set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3.1

and from WindowsNT, when I use startup.bat, the first DOS window for the bat
file opens just fine... but the window for Tomcat itself opens stays completely
blank and disappears with no messages at all.

What's wrong?

Thanks

a p

Jun 18, 2001, 4:15:22 PM6/18/01

------ pend...@javait.net(a p) -wrote-----

I have added these to my autoexec.bat:

set TOMCAT_HOME=C:\tomcat
set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3.1

and from WindowsNT, when I use startup.bat, the first DOS window for the bat
file opens just fine... but the window for Tomcat itself opens stays completely
blank and disappears with no messages a

I am finding it one piece at a time!

It is throwing an exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.util.Miss
ingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name org.apache.tomcat.resource
s.LocalStrings, locale en_US
at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle
java:712)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:683)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:546)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:115)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.getManager(StringManager.java:26
0)
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.<clinit>(Tomcat.java:24)

What resource?

Any help would be greatly appreciated