A bug of JMF(when JMF is playing video, InterruptedException occurs after the "refresh" button of IE is clicked)?

taowa...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2006, 6:40:22 PM7/19/06
A bug of JMF(when JMF is playing video, InterruptedException occurs
after the "refresh" button of IE is clicked)?

problem description:
1. I modified the MediaPlayerSample.java of JMF_samples, to see how
does it work. However, when JMF is playing video, InterruptedException
occurs after the

"refresh" button of IE is clicked:
MediaNode event thread java.lang.InterruptedException
Timer: timeLoop() wait interrupted java.lang.InterruptedException
Timer: timeLoop() wait interrupted java.lang.InterruptedException
Timer: timeLoop() wait interrupted java.lang.InterruptedException
Timer: timeLoop() wait interrupted java.lang.InterruptedException
MediaNode event thread java.lang.InterruptedException
java.lang.ThreadDeath
at java.lang.Thread.stop(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ThreadGroup.stopOrSuspend(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ThreadGroup.stop(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.AppContext.dispose(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.release(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.release(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.release(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.onPrivateClose(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2. I tried Firefox but this exception didn't appear.
I searched in google but found nothing about this problem.

My questions are:
1. Is it a bug of JMF or IE?
2. If it is a bug of JMF, how to correct it?

Thanks in advance!

The URL is
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~taowang/test_jmf/MediaPlayerSample.html
The Java code is available at
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~taowang/test_jmf/MediaPlayerSample.java
The AVI file is at http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~taowang/test_jmf/1.avi

Andrew Thompson

Jul 19, 2006, 7:22:15 PM7/19/06
taowa...@gmail.com wrote:
> A bug of JMF(when JMF is playing video, InterruptedException occurs
> after the "refresh" button of IE is clicked)?

You already have responses on the other thread you started.
Please refrain from multi-posting.

Andrew T.