AccessControlException

ReamK

Mar 11, 2001, 10:41:17 AM3/11/01
i'm using HTML converter 1.3.1 01 to convert an applet although
when i try to run the applet in any browser i get the exception
below (this what the java console prints out). i know these
applets work because they run in applet viewer.
ps i also using jdk 1.3.0 01 There has to be some way to change
this i'm just not sure how? any suggestions ?
thanks!!!

(java.io.FilePermission Chevelle.gif read)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission
(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission
(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)

at RaceCar.init(RaceCar.java:14)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Jon Skeet

Mar 11, 2001, 12:00:04 PM3/11/01
ReamK <%52eam%4bNO%5S...@sun.partner.remarq.com.invalid> wrote:
> i'm using HTML converter 1.3.1 01 to convert an applet although
> when i try to run the applet in any browser i get the exception
> below (this what the java console prints out). i know these
> applets work because they run in applet viewer.
> ps i also using jdk 1.3.0 01 There has to be some way to change
> this i'm just not sure how? any suggestions ?
> thanks!!!

It looks like you're trying to load a file from the local disk -
something you can't do in applets without signing them first. The Java
documentation on applets should have more details about security
restrictions and how to sign your applets to allow the user of the
applets to decide whether or not to trust your applets to have more
access.

--
Jon Skeet - sk...@pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet

Gilgames

Mar 11, 2001, 5:09:19 PM3/11/01
<<
i know these applets work because they run in applet viewer. ps i also using
jdk 1.3.0 01 There has to be some way to change this i'm just not sure how?
any suggestions ? thanks!!!

(java.io.FilePermission Chevelle.gif read)

Appletviewer grants AllPermissions for the html. Apparently (it seems to me
strange why) you system denies the read access to Chevelle.gif file. Where is
it located?

ReamK

Mar 11, 2001, 10:21:08 PM3/11/01
drive in the same directory as all of my other java
programs...all my other programs run fine except this applet is
the first time i have tried to load onther file like this gif
thanks
kyle