RXTX problems

AndreaDisp

May 17, 2004, 10:30:03 AM5/17/04
Hi at all!!
When I use the RXTX classes with the javax.comm the program generates the
follow exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
gnu/io/RXTXPort$SerialOutputStream, method: write signature: ([BII)V)
Illegal
use of nonvirtual function call
at gnu.io.RXTXPort.<init>(RXTXPort.java)
at gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver.getCommPort(RXTXCommDriver.java)
at javax.comm.CommPortIdentifier.open(CommPortIdentifier.java:547)

The error is created when the program runs the function:
"serialPort = (SerialPort) portId.open("SimpleReadApp", 2000);";
Could be "SimpleReadApp" the cause of the error? On the windows I have no
problem!! If "SimpleReadApp"
is the cause, what can I write to work on linux?

"serialPort = (SerialPort) portId.open("?", 2000);";
Thank you for your help!

AndreaDisp

May 18, 2004, 9:04:31 AM5/18/04
"AndreaDisp" <andrea....@consoft.it> wrote in message