AppletViewer not working. Help!

Fuzzypeg

Jan 11, 2002, 7:03:05 AM1/11/02
Can anyone give me advice on why my appletviewer doesn't work? I've just
re-downloaded the entire Java2 SDK1.3.1 to try to solve the problem; I've
tried all the troubleshoots they suggest in their installation notes. I'm
trying to view an applet that is little more complex than "Hello World". It
works fine in a browser (but the browser won't refresh, will only show the
cached copy, which is a pain), but when I try to use the AppletViewer, I get
this error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find
resource for bundle sun.applet.resources.MsgAppletViewer, key
appletpanel.badattribute.exception
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:382)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:354)
at
sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(AppletMessageHandler.java:42)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.showAppletStatus(AppletPanel.java:704)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.init(AppletPanel.java:185)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.<init>(AppletViewer.java:175)
at
sun.applet.StdAppletViewerFactory.createAppletViewer(AppletViewer.java:81
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:1041)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:975)
at sun.applet.Main.run(Main.java:140)
at sun.applet.Main.main(Main.java:82)

I guess I haven't set some path variable or something, but there are no
instructions... Please help!

--
Fuzzypeg
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/2763

Fuzzypeg

Jan 11, 2002, 7:11:39 AM1/11/02
Oh, perhaps I should mention I'm running Windows 95.
Alternatively someone could give me a hint on how to get my browser to
refresh without having to exit right out of it. I have IE4.

Manfred Leonhardt

Jan 11, 2002, 1:50:33 PM1/11/02
Hi Fuzzy,

I don't know about your AppletViewer problem, but to refresh IE you can
use the refresh button and hold the CTRL key down. This will make IE read
the source again instead of using cache.

Regards,
Manfred.