Getting UnsupportedDataTypeException for MIME type message/delivery-status

1 view

Akshay Trivedi

Jan 28, 2005, 8:49:36 AM1/28/05
Hi All,

I am having typical code like:

Part p is available
Multipart mp = (Multipart)p.getContent()
mp.getBodyPart(1).getInputStream();
String s = MimeUtility.streamToString(mp.getBodyPart(1).getInputStream(),
"UTF-8");

Top of my stack trace looks like:
Stack Trace is:
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type
message/delivery-status
at javax.activation.DataHandler.getInputStream(DataHandler.java:230)
at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.getInputStream(MimeBodyPart.java:459)

Can somebody give me direction how do i impliemnt my DataHandler to resolve
this issue?
I have found similar link
http://www.mail-archive.com/serve...@james.apache.org/msg00660.html

Where person is facing same issue but solution suggested is based on
modifying mailcap file at <JAVA_HOME>/jre/lib. In my environment I do not
see such file available.

Thanks,
Akshay

Roland

Jan 28, 2005, 10:16:56 AM1/28/05
The default J2SE (SDK/JRE) installation does not install a mailcap file
in that directory. AFAIK, neither does J2EE.

For search order of mailcap files, see:
<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/activation/MailcapCommandMap.html>

I guess DCH stands for DataContentHandler. The first link of the
following Google search maybe provides you with an answer:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22message%2Fdelivery-status%22+DataContentHandler>

--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter