J2ee

Jakob Møllerhøj

Feb 19, 2001, 5:47:58 AM2/19/01
Hi
I've just dowloaded and installed j2ee. I have installed
everything according to the installation guide. But when
I try to run a simple servertest in a program called Kawa
(also enterprise edition) I get the following error message:

J2EE server listen port: 1050 Naming service started:1050

Binding DataSource, name = jdbc/EstoreDB, url =
jdbc:cloudscape:rmi:CloudscapeDB;create=true

Binding DataSource, name = jdbc/DB2, url =
jdbc:cloudscape:rmi:CloudscapeDB;create=true

Binding DataSource, name = jdbc/InventoryDB, url =
jdbc:cloudscape:rmi:CloudscapeDB;create=true

Binding DataSource, name = jdbc/DB1, url =
jdbc:cloudscape:rmi:CloudscapeDB;create=true

Binding DataSource, name = jdbc/Cloudscape, url =
jdbc:cloudscape:rmi:CloudscapeDB;create=true

Binding DataSource, name = jdbc/XACloudscape, url = jdbc/XACloudscape__xa

Binding DataSource, name = jdbc/XACloudscape__xa, dataSource =
COM.cloudscape.core.RemoteXaDataSource@31aebf

Starting JMS service ... java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
COM/cloudscape/core/XaDataSource

at com.sun.jms.service.JMSServiceImpl.stop(JMSServiceImpl.java:1331)

at com.sun.jms.service.JMSServiceImpl.stop(JMSServiceImpl.java:1310)

at com.sun.jms.service.JMSServiceImpl$1.run(JMSServiceImpl.java:107)

It looks like there is some classpath I haven't set after all... Could
anyone please tell me which one it might be?

Jakob

Sreenivasa Kumar Majji

Feb 19, 2001, 12:38:56 PM2/19/01
You have to add .jar files comes with j2ee to the CLASSPATH.

-Sreenivasa Kumar Majji

"Jakob Møllerhøj" <ja...@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote in message

Kedar Chitale

Feb 19, 2001, 6:30:05 PM2/19/01
make sure that you have the %j2ee_home%\lib\cloudscape\cloudscape.jar in
your classpath.

Thanks,
Kedar.

Jakob Møllerhøj

Feb 19, 2001, 8:46:43 PM2/19/01

The problem is, that i can run the server from a command promt,
but when I try to run it from kawa I get det following error:

Starting JMS service ... java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
COM/cloudscape/core/XaDataSource

Jakob

Jakob Møllerhøj

Feb 20, 2001, 6:52:21 PM2/20/01

"Kedar Chitale" <kedarc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> make sure that you have the %j2ee_home%\lib\cloudscape\cloudscape.jar in
> your classpath.
>
> Thanks,
> Kedar.

Thanks a lot, I think that did the trick.
I added the file (cloudscape.jar) to the kawa classpath under ejb/options.
But the server still just exits when it is run from kawa.
Is it supposed to do that?