Problem deploying servlet with weblogic

Melissa J. Turner

Jul 12, 2001, 1:33:32 PM7/12/01
I'm trying to deploy a simple servlet under WebLogic. It's in a .war
file whose internal structure is

/HelloWorld
/HelloWorld/WEB-INF/classes/HelloWorldServlet.class
/HelloWorld/WEB-INF/web.xml
/HelloWorld/WEB-INF/weblogic.xml

When I try to deploy (WL6.0sp1, WinNT4.0, sp6), I get:

<Jul 11, 2001 7:07:59 PM PDT> <Error> <Management> <Error deploying
application
from directory .\config\webobjects\applications\HelloWorld.war and
file
java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed
java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(ZipFile.java:141)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getEntry(JarFile.java:181)
at
weblogic.utils.jars.VirtualJarFile.getEntry(VirtualJarFile.java:115)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.adminLoad(Application.j
ava:290)

I can deploy the same servlet as a war (minus the weblogic.xml) using
tomcat with no problem, and I can deploy the servlet using the
quickstart mechanism, but for some reason, trying to do a "read"
weblogic deployment breaks.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on, or ideas about where I
could
find an answer? I've tried the bea and javasoft documentation, the
major search engines, and the google news archives, and I'm still
stumped.

All ideas appreciated,
+Melissa