HTTP Error 407 Proxy authentication required

ckarun...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2013, 1:17:24 AM6/19/13
I am trying to access the url by using this code

System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "111.88.15.108");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "8002");
System.setProperty("http.proxyUser", "user");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPassword", "password");
URL oracle = new URL("http://www.google.com/");
URLConnection yc = oracle.openConnection();
BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(
yc.getInputStream()));
String inputLine;
while ((inputLine = in.readLine()) != null)

System.out.println(inputLine);
in.close();

This is working fine in my window machine but this is not working in linux machine. i am getting eror like this

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 407 for URL: http://www.google.com/ at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source) at com.yahoo.Connection.main(Connection.java:31)

Even proxy settings are correct and i tried like this also

java -Dhttp.proxyHost="111.88.15.108" -Dhttp.proxyPort="8002" -Dhttp.proxyUser="user" -Dhttp.proxyPassword="password" -jar yahoo_test3.jar

But Same Error and i tried to set the export http_proxy= in /etc/profile but no use

Any idea where it is going wrong.

Roedy Green

Jun 19, 2013, 4:01:05 PM6/19/13
On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 22:17:24 -0700 (PDT), ckarun...@gmail.com

>Any idea where it is going wrong.

I have some sample code.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/authentication.html
Getting information off the Internet is
like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.
~ Mitch Kapor 1950-11-01

Lothar Kimmeringer

Jun 30, 2013, 4:15:00 PM6/30/13
Roedy Green wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 22:17:24 -0700 (PDT), ckarun...@gmail.com
>
>>Any idea where it is going wrong.
>
> I have some sample code.
>
> [URL to own website]

Actually, no. HTTP-Basic-Authentication has nothing to do with
Proxy-Authentication

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: spam...@kimmeringer.de

questions!

Lothar Kimmeringer

Jun 30, 2013, 4:16:51 PM6/30/13
ckarun...@gmail.com wrote:

[Proxy Authentication]

> This is working fine in my window machine but this is not working
> in linux machine. i am getting eror like this
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server returned
> HTTP response code: 407 for URL: http://www.google.com/ at
[...]
> Any idea where it is going wrong.

Is the Proxy a Windows based one? If yes, it might only
accepts NTLM-authentications that aren't supported by all
Java versions.