error with JSObject in NS6

Jane Erickson

Apr 24, 2001, 6:58:06 PM4/24/01
I have an applet. When a button is pressed in the applet, a new browser
window opens displaying an HTML file. I used JSObject to open the window
with Javascript from my applet.

Here is the code:
---------
JSObject win = JSObject.getWindow(this);

win.eval("self.open(\"" + filename + "\",\"" + winName + "\",
\"scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=600,height=200\", true);");
-----------
winName and filename are Strings.

The applet runs fine in IE and pre-6 Netscape. In Netscape 6 the button
does nothing.

How can I make this work in Netscape 6?

Java console read out in Ns6:
-------------
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
netscape.javascript.JSException
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
at sun.plugin.liveconnect.PrivilegedConstructObjectAction.run(Unknown
Source)
at sun.plugin.liveconnect.SecureInvocation.ConstructObject(Unknown
Source)

Thanks,
Jane