Need help in Servlet chaining on Oracle 9i AS

1 view

Rama

Dec 26, 2002, 3:27:19 PM12/26/02
Hi All,
I am facing a problem with servlet chaining in oracle 9i AS.
The following is the problem:

We have two servlets comnServlet and AccessVerifier,from the HTML form
we first access comnServlet and from comnServlet we forward the
request to AccessVerifier with RequestDispatcher.forward(...) m. In
AccessVerifier we do some processing and pass the request back to
comnServlet. This gives the folloing excpetion on 9iAS. The same works
fine on weblogic 6.0.

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error in servlet
at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:777)
at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:306)
at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forward(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:209)
at AccessVerifier.forwardToComnServlet(AccessVerifier.java:37)
at AccessVerifier.doGet(AccessVerifier.java:21)
at AccessVerifier.doPost(AccessVerifier.java:28)
at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:721)
at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:306)
at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forward(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:209)
at comnServlet.forwardToJsp(comnServlet.java:927)
at comnServlet.doGet(comnServlet.java:28)
at comnServlet.doPost(comnServlet.java:886)
at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:721)
at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:306)
at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:767)
at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:259)
at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:106)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:797)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Does anybody have any idea about the same why this error comes.
Do we need to make any entries in web.xml for servlet chaining.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rama

Avi Abrami

Dec 26, 2002, 10:59:47 PM12/26/02

Hi Rama,
This isn't an answer -- just some suggestions of where you
might look in irder to find an answer. Have you tried the
following web sites:

http://technet.oracle.com

http://www.orionserver.com

http://www.orionsupport.com

http://www.atlassian.com

http://www.elephantwalker.com

and have you tried the Oracle newsgroups:

comp.databases.oracle.misc
.server
.tools

Also, there are several different versions of Oracle 9iAS.
It may be a known bug in the version you are using that is
fixed in a later version?

Hope this has helped you.

Good Luck,
Avi.