UnsatisfiedLinkError: exception occurred in JNI_OnLoad on SGI IRIX with Java 2 v1.4

Harry

Dec 12, 2002, 10:10:43 AM12/12/02
Today I installed Java 2 1.4 JRE and SDK on an SGI R5000 with IRIX 6.5
installed; all the proper requirements have been met; my problem is
that
java programs with objects of type java.awt.Component won't run;
during
startup they crash with the following message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: exception
occurred in JNI_OnLoad
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1476)
at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
at sun.awt.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(NativeLibLoader.java:38)
at sun.awt.DebugHelper.<clinit>(DebugHelper.java:29)
at java.awt.Component.<clinit>(Component.java:502)
at HW.main(HW.java:5)

A test program without any AWT or Swing components runs fine; possibly
the
native shared libs are not found (those on $JAVA_HOME/lib32/mips), but
I tried
almost every combination of setting/unsetting CLASSPATH, JAVA_HOME,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH (and especially those found in the
documentation
that came with the installation) to no avail ...

Previous versions of the jvm did run ok with GUI-based applications
and
CLASSPATH empty, LD_LIBRARY_PATH including $JAVA_HOME/lib32/mips;
these same
settings don't work for 1.4.

The one odd thing out is that the java distribution is on another disk
and with
symbolic links an original structure is created (so the distribution
is on
/disk/java/java2v14 and the symlinks in /usr link to this location;
when
specyfying -verbose on the java-tool commandline it of course has no
problem
finding the referenced jars, but then again: I don't know where to
look for anymore ...)

I must be missing something obvious, but I really have no clue,
Anyone got any pointers, clues?

TIA,
Harry