Resin's arrogance toward my web-apps

Dane

Mar 18, 2002, 3:56:21 PM3/18/02
I'm using Caucho's JSP server Resin 2.0.5 to (attempt to) run some
webapps. I've searched the docs at Caucho's site, and configured my
resin.conf to do all it should, as nearly as I can figure, i.e.:
<caucho.com> ...
<http-server> ...
<host id=''> ...
<web-app id='/myApp' app-dir='C:/path/to/myApp'/>
</host>
</http-server>
</caucho.com>

but for whatever reason, when I point my browser at
"http://localhost:8080/myApp" I get the following:

500 Servlet Exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at com.caucho.util.BeanUtil.instantiate(BeanUtil.java:110)...

Does anyone know what I could be missing in my classpath or classes
that would cause this? Thanks much

Dane Laverty

Davor Cengija

Mar 19, 2002, 2:16:00 AM3/19/02
Dane wrote:

You might have more luck if ask on Resin's mailing list. But, when we're
here... I'm using Resin for a while and I'm pretty happy. I usually don't
edit resin.conf but create $RESIN/webapp/<app_name> directory with the
standard structure:

<app_name>/ <-- here go JSP's
<app_name>/WEB-INF/ <-- web.xml, TLD's etc
<app_name>/WEB-INF/classes <-- .class files, unpacked jars
<app_name>/WEB-INF/lib <-- jars, automatically loaded
--
Davor Cengija
dcengija...@inet.hr