notinited

todd

May 28, 2005, 12:34:04 PM5/28/05
Help..
O.k. Here's my situation.. I am new to java.. and have written a few
Applets..I can get these applets to run in the applet viewer no
problem.. I am using JBuilder 4.. anyhow.. when I try to view the htm
through IE I get that @#$@#$ red X and a nice little message "
notinited ".. I was able to get one applet to run through the
browswer.. it was a miracle.. anyhow.. anyone have any suggestions?

I'm desperate here :)
Todd
here's teh console.. and soon.. I'll need to be consoled
Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.2_03
Using JRE version 1.4.2_03 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Todd

Proxy Configuration: No proxy

c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Population (wrong name:
tester/Population)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Population (wrong name:
tester/Population)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

todd

May 28, 2005, 12:34:11 PM5/28/05

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

May 28, 2005, 1:11:41 PM5/28/05
"todd" <todd...@verizon.net> writes:

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Population (wrong name:
> tester/Population)

You need to use

code="tester.Population"

in the applet element - class names should be fully qualified there.

Roland

May 28, 2005, 1:08:23 PM5/28/05
On 28-5-2005 18:34, todd wrote:

> Help..
> O.k. Here's my situation.. I am new to java.. and have written a few
> Applets..I can get these applets to run in the applet viewer no
> problem.. I am using JBuilder 4.. anyhow.. when I try to view the htm
> through IE I get that @#$@#$ red X and a nice little message "
> notinited ".. I was able to get one applet to run through the
> browswer.. it was a miracle.. anyhow.. anyone have any suggestions?
>
> I'm desperate here :)
> Todd
> here's teh console.. and soon.. I'll need to be consoled
> Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.2_03
> Using JRE version 1.4.2_03 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
> User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Todd

[snip]

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Population (wrong name:
> tester/Population)

Probably the file 'Population.class' is in the wrong directory: it
should be placed in a subdirectory called 'tester' (subdirectory of the
directory where your html file resides that refers to the applet).

foo\bar\

+-- test.html (containing st. like
| <applet codebase="." code="tester.Population">)

+-- tester\

+-- Population.class

--
Regards,