Interpretation help!

Petterson Mikael

Dec 12, 2001, 8:39:56 AM12/12/01
Anyone more experienced out there?

What is the meaning of this row:

return attr != null ?
attr.getValue(Attributes.Name.IMPLEMENTATION_VERSION ) : null;

//Mikael

Christian Romeyke

Dec 12, 2001, 9:19:12 AM12/12/01

"Petterson Mikael" <mikael.p...@era.ericsson.se> wrote:

> What is the meaning of this row:
>
> return attr != null ?
> attr.getValue(Attributes.Name.IMPLEMENTATION_VERSION ) : null;

It's a short form of the statement:

if (attr!=null)
return attr.getValue(Attributes.Name.IMPLEMENTATION_VERSION);
else return null;

Patricia Shanahan

Dec 12, 2001, 9:30:35 AM12/12/01

if(attr==null){
return null;
}else{
return attr.getValue(Attributes.Name.IMPLEMENTATION_VERSION );
}

Patricia

Paul Lutus

Dec 12, 2001, 12:54:27 PM12/12/01
"Petterson Mikael" <mikael.p...@era.ericsson.se> wrote in message

the ?:; construction does this:

result = test?valueIfTrue:valueIfFalse;

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

Roedy Green

Dec 12, 2001, 5:44:36 PM12/12/01

--
canadian mind products, roedy green
the java glossary at

Jim Sculley

Dec 13, 2001, 3:58:54 PM12/13/01
Anton Callaway wrote:

> I'm having problems getting a Java program called "Jellyfish" to run on my
> OS/2 box. I have the 1.3 SE JVM and it runs other Java programs requiring
> Java2 just fine. However, this is the result from Jellyfish:
> [D:\java13\jre\biowire]java -jar jellyfish.jar
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/mrj/MRJAboutHandler
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:496)
> at
> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:1
> 7)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$300(URLClassLoader.java:69)
> at
> java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java:544)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:203)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:380)
> Exception in thread "main"
> [D:\java13\jre\biowire]
>
> What does this mean and how could I fix it?

I have seen this error in the past with the Java Media Framework.
Essentially, Java is looking for classes which are specific to Apple's
MRJ Java implementation for Macintosh. If this Jellyfish program
requires the Java Media Framework, you may have to get a newer version.
I seem to recall this problem going away with later versions of the JMF.

Jim S.

Anton Callaway

Anton Callaway

Dec 14, 2001, 9:52:54 AM12/14/01
Is it possible to add the MRJ classes without upgrading the whole JVM?

Jim Sculley

Dec 14, 2001, 2:19:07 PM12/14/01
Anton Callaway wrote:

> Is it possible to add the MRJ classes without upgrading the whole JVM?

I doubt it. They are meant for Apple computers only. And the problem
wasn't the JVM, it was the Java Media Framework. Does this 'Jellyfish'
program use the JMF?

Jim S.