Not able to run JDK1.3 applet in browsers

sarkar...@my-deja.com

Sep 28, 2000, 1:04:22 AM9/28/00
to sarkar...@yahoo.com
Hi,

I am trying to run a Java 1.3 Swing applet in Netscape 4.6 or
Internet Explorer 5.5. When I load test.html in any of these
browser, I get the attached exception trace in popped up
"Java Console" window. For your information, I have put lowest
security settings in Internet Explorer 5.5. My OS is NT4.0 with
service pack 6. I have generated test.html by SUN's free tool
in order to enable Java1.3 plugin invocation.

What's wrong wit my environment. Why i am not able to execute
JDK1.3 swing applet with Java1.3 plugin to browsers? Is there
any browser settings i need to do?

Thanks,
Soumen.

Exception stack in "java console" window
Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.3.0-C
Using JRE version 1.3.0 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = D:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator
Proxy Configuration: no proxy

JAR cache enabled.
(java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThreadGroup)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
at sun.applet.AppletSecurity.checkAccess(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ThreadGroup.checkAccess(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.init(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.TimerQueue.start(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.TimerQueue.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.TimerQueue.sharedInstance(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JApplet.<init>(Unknown Source)
at PurchaseApplet.<init>(PurchaseApplet.java:5)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

skizzoo

Sep 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/30/00
Have you added the extra code needed in your HTML for the plug-in to run. I
havent done this before myself, but i'm sure I read about extra HTML coding
for this.

<sarkar...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

e.si...@fokkerspace.nl

Oct 9, 2000, 2:28:08 AM10/9/00
In article <8r4ito$jem$1...@plutonium.btinternet.com>,

"skizzoo" <wil...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Have you added the extra code needed in your HTML for the plug-in to
run. I
> havent done this before myself, but i'm sure I read about extra HTML
coding
> for this.
>
> <sarkar...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
It should look something like this:

<BODY>
<OBJECT classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
WIDTH = "100%" HEIGHT = "100%" ALIGN = "BOTTOM" codebase="%
CODEBASE_JAVA%">
<PARAM NAME = CODE VALUE = "Your.class" >
<PARAM NAME = ARCHIVE VALUE = "Your.jar" >
<PARAM NAME = "type" VALUE = "application/x-java-applet;version=1.3">
</OBJECT>

</BODY>

The CODEBASE_JAVA has to be the location of the JRE1.3.

Hoop this helps