Problem with JTabbedPane

Chemba Ranganathan

Jan 27, 2002, 10:45:56 PM1/27/02
I have a problem with the JTabbedPane in java on Solaris. When the number
of tabs exceeds 6 or 7 (basically when it automatically readjusts the tabs
to fit in two rows) I get java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. This
exception does not occur on WinNT. The exception is consistent but my
display works fine.. meaning everything on the gui is as expected ..while
the console is flodded with this message.
Please get back to me if you know of anything that could cause this problem.

Iam using J2SE ( 1.3.1). In my code, I am using event listener function of
its container to add TabbedPanes. I seem to get the following exception
during painting. If I try to catch all exceptions in my event listener code
it doesn't seem to work.Is this a known issue with JTabbedPane?
Any response is appreciated
Chemba
------------------------------ATTACHED SCREEN SHOT------------------
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI.paint(BasicTabbedPaneUI.java:343)
at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(ComponentUI.java:39)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(JComponent.java:395)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:687)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:498)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:696)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:498)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:696)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:498)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:696)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:498)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:696)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:498)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:696)
at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(JViewport.java:668)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintWithBuffer(JComponent.java:3878)
at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:3821)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:3672)
at
javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:370)
at
javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(SystemEventQu
eueUtilities.java:124)
at
java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:154)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.ja
va:131)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
:98)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:85)

Chemba

Jan 27, 2002, 10:52:59 PM1/27/02