java gui problems

Anand

Jun 17, 2002, 3:30:07 AM6/17/02
I am facing a strage problem with java gui.
It is giving the following exception.
did anybody know what is the cause of this exception

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: No such child: 1
at java.awt.Container.getComponent(Container.java:237)
at javax.swing.JComponent.rectangleIsObscured(JComponent.java:3684)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:802)
at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:552)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintWithOffscreenBuffer(JComponent.java:4735) at
javax.swing.JComponent.paintDoubleBuffered(JComponent.java:4688)
at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4632)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4464)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:404) at
javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(SystemEventQueueUtilities.java:117)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:144)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138) at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:130) at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:98)

Thanx,
Anand

Jason Teagle

Jun 17, 2002, 4:06:00 AM6/17/02

"Anand" <an...@strandgenomics.com> wrote in message

> I am facing a strage problem with java gui.
> It is giving the following exception.
> did anybody know what is the cause of this exception

Since this is occurring while the system is trying to paint, can you give us
the smallest complete, compilable sample that demonstrates the fault?

Jason Teagle
ja...@teagster.co.uk
A list of programming resources I use:
ML: www.windev.org, www.codecipher.com, www.beginthread.com
MB: www.codeguru.com, www.codeproject.com
NG: comp.lang.java.*
OI: www.php.net

Carsten Højgaard

Jun 17, 2002, 4:14:42 AM6/17/02

It's because you are refering to a index within an array, which is
bigger than it's size. Ex:

int[] a = new Integer[10];
..
..
System.out.println("A: " + a[10]);

Remember that an array starts with the index 0 (zero)!
Therefore the last index in the array is number 9.