appletviewer

ivan

Mar 23, 2002, 1:06:28 PM3/23/02
I am using a solaris machine and I got the following error when I
tried to run appletviewer.

bash-2.04$ appletviewer x.html
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to
X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:59)
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:58)
at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:186)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:315)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:262)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.<init>(AppletViewer.java:139)
at sun.applet.StdAppletViewerFactory.createAppletViewer(AppletViewer.java:81)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:1035)
at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:969)
at sun.applet.Main.run(Main.java:140)
at sun.applet.Main.main(Main.java:82)

Please tell me how to fix this.

Ivan

Jon A. Cruz

Mar 23, 2002, 1:21:15 PM3/23/02
ivan wrote:

> I am using a solaris machine and I got the following error when I
> tried to run appletviewer.
>
> bash-2.04$ appletviewer x.html
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to
> X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Sounds like you're not set up properly with an X server. Could be how you are accessing the box
you're on.

From the same command line, can you run 'xclock' ?

--
Jon A. Cruz

"Can't a man even clean up his work area without inadvertently conjuring
up a pack of lightning-breathing ocelots?" - Edward Whitson

ivan

Mar 24, 2002, 2:48:15 AM3/24/02
Nope I am unable to run it either. It flags "Error: Can't open display:"

Ivan