Oracle acces problem

1 view

Alexander Broekhuis

May 16, 2001, 4:43:05 PM5/16/01
What does this mean?? Can't I access the database or is something wrong in
my code?

java.sql.SQLException: I/O-uitzondering: The Network Adapter could not
establish the connection
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:210)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:323)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:260)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:365)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
at Appl.main(Appl.java:8)
Exception in thread "main" Normal Termination
Output completed (1 min 30 sec consumed).

TIA

Alexander

AV

May 16, 2001, 10:56:08 PM5/16/01
There is something wrong with oracle's miniserver == listener.
Did you start listener (lsnctrl.sh or lsnctrl.exe) ?
Check if listener.ora is OK (read some docs and see examples
if you is not familiar with this issue)
Check your url string....

If you will need more assistance, post more details
(some code, errors, listener.ora)

AlexV

"Alexander Broekhuis" <alex...@broekhuis1.tmfweb.nl> wrote in message

Alexander Broekhuis

May 17, 2001, 2:07:56 AM5/17/01
Then I think I can't acces the database(it's a batabase at school and there
might be a firewall preventing me form accessing it)

But thanx anyway.

Alexander

"AV" <avek_n...@videotron.ca> wrote in message