db2 access from java servlet

Graham Hargreaves

Nov 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/14/99
I am having trouble accessing my db2 database from a java servlet running
under apache jserv the error in the log I get is :
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:477)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:159)
at dbQuery.service(dbQuery.java:15)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java)
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I can connect to the database using a java application, any ideas why I
can't connect using a servlet. Is it to do with my classpath in jserv?

Thanks in advance for any help
Graham Hargreaves

Christophe CASSIGNOL

Nov 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/16/99
I have the same problem, it seem that db2 use a dll (db2jdbc.dll) and a zip
(db2jdbc.zip), but with an applet or servlet the dll is not loaded. Is it the
same
problem that you have ?

Graham Hargreaves a écrit :

--
STIME (33).1.41.48.31.10

ccassignol.vcf

Ed

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
We use db2 all the time from servlets, just make sure you have the correct
driver, the name should be db2java.zip, and include this name explicitly in your
classpath. Should work fine.

Ed