Java Coding in Lotus Notes Domino R5 by jdk1.3

1 view

Tuo Chang

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99

Dear fellows:

I have a problem when coding in Notes Domino by Java JDK1.3 beta and
the
Corba package shipped with Domino R5.

In JDK1.2, JDK1.2.2 and JDK1.3 Beta environment, I could
successfully
comiple all the sample programs found in the e-book of Domino Designer
and
the codes in LotusJavaCorba2.0 bundles.
But under jdk1.2.x, I could run only some of the code and the others
failed
in the exception:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nlsxbe found in
java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java: 1260)

And under jdk1.3beta, no samples be able run! What I get was two
exceptions, one is the same as above and the other is:
org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB
implementation
com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB minor code: 0 completed: No
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:270)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:307)
at lotus.domino.cso.Session.OREFtoSession(Session.java:540)
at lotus.domino.cso.Session.<init>(Session.java:41)
at lotus.domino.cso.Session.createSession(Session.java:23)
at lotus.domino.NotesFactory.createSession(NotesFactory.java:47)
at IntroCorbaApp.run(IntroCorbaApp.java:37)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
lotus.domino.NotesException
at lotus.domino.cso.Session.OREFtoSession(Session.java:582)
at lotus.domino.cso.Session.<init>(Session.java:41)
at lotus.domino.cso.Session.createSession(Session.java:23)
at lotus.domino.NotesFactory.createSession(NotesFactory.java:47)
at IntroCorbaApp.run(IntroCorbaApp.java:37)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

My question is: what's going on here?
Why jdk1.3 cannot take care of what jdk1.2.x can? I mean there are
still
SOME samples running under jdk1.2.x, but they all totally failed in
jdk1.3,
throwing out the 2nd kind of exception mentioned above.
Besides, I look up the failed classes in the 2nd situation:
org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB
implementation com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB minor code: 0 completed: No
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:270)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:307)

All these classes have existed since jdk1.0, and I also find
that
they all included in the succeeded jdk. After all the trial & fail
experiences, I wonder is there a way to work out this situation or it
just
the disabilities of jdk1.3 (or Domino Java Corba classes) ?

In fact, I need a solution under jdk1.3 because it bundles with
the
Sound API0.9 (javax.media.sampled.* & more). In jdk1.2.2, we only have
JavaSound086 early access. And I have to integrate the Java sound API
with
notes domino.
Any suggesstion will help? Thanks.

My running env:
OS: NT4.0 SP3
Lotus SW: Domino Server R5 & Notes
Java: JBuilder3 with jdk1.2, jdk1.2.2 & jdk1.3 all setup
successfully

Regards,
Tuo