Google 그룹스는 더 이상 새로운 유즈넷 게시물 또는 구독을 지원하지 않습니다. 과거의 콘텐츠는 계속 볼 수 있습니다.

Access JDBC LONGVARCHAR

조회수 1회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Ian deSouza

읽지 않음,
2003. 7. 1. 오후 6:16:2003. 7. 1.
받는사람
I'm getting the following error:

create table Categories (CategoryID INTEGER, CategoryName VARCHAR,
Description LONGVARCHAR, Picture LONGVARBINARY)

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
Syntax error in field definition.
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6879)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7036)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLPrepare(JdbcOdbc.java:4784)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.prepareStatement(JdbcOdbcConnection.java:475)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.prepareStatement(JdbcOdbcConnection.java:443)

Any ideas? I imagine that Access does like LONGVARBINARY, even though
the driver tells me that this column is that SQL type when viewing the
database.metadata getColumns()..

Thanks in advance, Ian

Andy Flowers

읽지 않음,
2003. 7. 2. 오전 3:06:5903. 7. 2.
받는사람
Your SQL syntax is wrong for MS Access. The LONGVARCHAR is not recognised by
Access, and neither is LONGVARBINARY.

Remember all that, basically, JDBC does with SQL statements is pass them
straight through to the database engine where it is validated and
interpreted.

I'd suggest that you MEMO instead of LONGVARCHAR and IMAGE instead of
LONGVARBINARY.

Test the query out in Access to ensure that it works OK before porting it to
the Java/JDBC-ODBC environment.

"Ian deSouza" <ian_d...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

새 메시지 0개