Problem with MSSQL SPRINTA 2000 JDBC Driver

Swami

Jul 11, 2004, 9:08:07 AM7/11/04
I have installed MQ SQL Server 2000 on my laptop and trying to use
SPRINTA 2000 JDBC Driver (inetmssql.jar) to connect to the local db. I
wrote a sample Java app to test the connection and I get the following
error trace,

DriverManager.initialize: jdbc.drivers = null
JDBC DriverManager initialized
SQLException: SQLState(08S01)
{sql7=true, port=1433, user=sa, url=jdbc:inetdae7:US0211737-WP01:1433,
password=wasfe, host=US0211737-WP01}
getConnection failed: com.inet.tds.SQLException: Connection refused:
connect
com.inet.tds.SQLException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.a(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I tried searching the web and product doc. Nothing seems to help me.
Has anyone come across similiar problems? Any pointers will be
appreciated also.

Thanks,
Swami.

Sandro Lopopolo

Jul 10, 2004, 10:41:56 PM7/10/04
Hi

you should print your code ,maybe you did anything wrong....

"Swami" <chamu...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

John Bell

Jul 11, 2004, 5:39:16 PM7/11/04
Hi

Have you checked that you are using the TCP/IP protocol and given port?
Check the client configuration and see if you can connect using Query
Analyser.

John