Problem with oracle oci drivers and jserv

Matt Skeens

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99
I'm trying to install Oracle's oci drivers with Jserv and I'm running into
problems. I have gotten the thin drivers to work just fine. Here is the
code I am using:

Jserv version: 1.0b1

Apache version: 1.3.3

OS version: Solaris 2.6 on a Sparc with all latest patches

// Code Here
DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
conn = DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@HOST:PORT:SID",
"username", "password");

I have the path to the directory with the liboci804jdbc.so file in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I have no problem compiling the code, but I get this error
when I try to execute my servlet:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oci804jdbc in java.library.path
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Can anybody help me out with this problem? Thanks.

Matt Skeens
msk...@xnet.com

Jared Richardson

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Go into your jserv.properties file
and search on "wrapper.classpath"
This sets the "internal" servlet classpath.
It needs to have your JDBC drivers in this path to run...

Toby Rubenstein

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
I don't know anything about jserv or Apache for that matter, but if the
underlying Java implementation is Java 2 / JDK1.2 then this is where the
problem lies.

I had exactly the same problem on Solaris when moving from JDK 1.1 to 1.2
and if you have a look at the Java Developer Connection, the same problem
has been reported on NT.

The only thing is to use the thin drivers for now and keep an eye on the
Oracle website for new drivers to support Java 2 properly. In a way, the
thin drivers are preferable as your code is more deployable. I would be
interested to learn of experiences in performance differences.

Toby.