Trouble establishing socket for SQL Jdbc driver, help a newbie? =)

Tom

Aug 13, 2003, 2:56:04 PM8/13/03
Hi everyone,
Okay im a student so dont laugh at me =)
I have this project going where im trying to connect to my sql server
on my local computer.
I get this error, is this a code problem or is this something that
needs
to be changed possibly in my enviormental variables?
Thanks for the help guys, the error i have is below.

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
JDBC]Error establishing socket.
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSConnection.<init>(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:172)
at BookProject.CloudscapeDataAccess.connect(CloudscapeDataAccess.java:134)
at BookProject.CloudscapeDataAccess.<init>(CloudscapeDataAccess.java:44)
at BookProject.AddressBook.<init>(AddressBook.java:35)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:582)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:511)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:289)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
(java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:267)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:394)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:540)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:760)
at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:86)
at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:696)
at BookProject.AddressBook.<init>(AddressBook.java:43)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:582)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:511)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:289)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Nathan Zumwalt

Aug 14, 2003, 2:44:14 PM8/14/03
It looks like you're having permissions problems
(java.security.AccessControlException).... are you running this as a
stand-alone application, or in some kind of container (EJB, WebApp,
etc.)? Posting the code may help some.

-Nathan

David Yutzy

Aug 19, 2003, 4:03:13 PM8/19/03
I'm having a similar issue trying to connect from a web server to a SQL
server (on another box). If both are on same box, no problem.

Can anyone point me to some guidance on how to setup Win2k to allow Java
objects to authenticate to another server on a network?

I would have thought that Win2k would pass through the security info. Via
the web server service...

On 8/13/03 2:56 PM, in article
c1f60ca7.03081...@posting.google.com, "Tom"