XMLType, JDBC & Oracle 9i

Brad

Apr 1, 2004, 11:06:53 AM4/1/04

I'm trying to get XML out of an XMLType table in 9i with the following code:

OracleResultSet res = (OracleResultSet)stat.executeQuery(SQL);

while(res.next()){

OPAQUE o = res.getOPAQUE(1);
XMLType x = XMLType.createXML(o);
Document dom = x.getDOM();

etc......
}

I get this exception from the createXML call:

java.sql.SQLException: Only LOB or thin Storage is supported in Thin XMLType
at oracle.xdb.XMLType.processThin(XMLType.java:1671)
at oracle.xdb.XMLType.<init>(XMLType.java:876)
at oracle.xdb.XMLType.createXML(XMLType.java:481)

I thought maybe this was a refernce to the thin driver but I'm using oci.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Brad.