Security Exception: Please Help!

Michael Tsao

Jun 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/29/98

Hi, I'm new to java programming and I'm trying to create a simple
database with just file I/O on local PC. I got the code from a book that
is suppose allow you to input some data and save it to file. However,
when I run it, I get the following:
sun.applet.AppletSecurityException: checkwrite
at sun.applet.AppletSecurity.checkWrite(AppletSecurity.java:432)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:63)
at CreateSequentialFile.<init>(CreateSequentialFile.java:30)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:462)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:398)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:237)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:474)

I don't understand why there's a security violation when the data file
(client.dat) is in the same local directory. Thanks.