SQL Exception for MS SQL

1 view

shiv

Dec 5, 2001, 2:47:04 PM12/5/01
The jdbc connection to MS SQL server keeps getting reset
intermittently throwing the following exception. The only way this
gets resolved is by restarting the web service. Our
app. is hosted with a bunch of other applications, and ours is the
only Java application running on a IIS4.0 server and implementing
Servlet Exec as our servlet engine.

Does any body have any idea, why this connection gets reset..

Any clues as to how to avoid this will be greatly appreciated.

com.inet.tds.SQLException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in
socket input stream read
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
at com.inet.tds.e.a(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.e.a(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.a.a(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.a.if(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.a.do(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.a.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
at com.db.gcs.disb.star.frame.data.DBFunctions.getData(DBFunctions.java:59)
at com.db.gcs.disb.star.frame.util.UserManager.<init>(UserManager.java:160)
at com.db.gcs.disb.star.frame.util.SessionManager.isValidSession(SessionManager.java:64)
at com.db.gcs.disb.star.frame.web.WebApplication.doGet(WebApplication.java:108)
at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletService(ServletExec.java)
at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletRequest(ServletExec.java)
at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.standardServletRequest(ServletExec.java)
at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)
at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.jav

Shiv

Joseph Weinstein

Dec 5, 2001, 4:17:54 PM12/5/01
to shiv
The problem is that the DBMS or something between the DBMS and the driver
is killing the connection. If it's a firewall, it may occur if a connection
is idle for too long.
Joe

ALfonso

Dec 14, 2001, 4:44:24 PM12/14/01
Now I'm starting to use db and Java. I 've XP and I've installed SQL sever
developer, but must I do to configure it to interrogate it with Java?

Thanks

"shiv" <svem...@visto.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

dav...@yahoo.com

Dec 17, 2001, 3:53:03 AM12/17/01
ALfonso <paglia...@libero.it> wrote:
> Now I'm starting to use db and Java. I 've XP and I've installed SQL sever
> developer, but must I do to configure it to interrogate it with Java?

You just need a JDBC driver to connect with it, or use the Jdbc/Odbc
bridge.
See the documentation of JDBC.

Davide

abergman

Mar 19, 2002, 7:38:11 AM3/19/02
com.inet.tds.SQLException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)

at com.inet.tds.a.a(Unknown Source)

at com.inet.tds.a.a(Unknown Source)

at com.inet.tds.c.new(Unknown Source)

at com.inet.tds.c.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.sfjava.gdo.mops.storedproc.SPHelper.callSP(SPHelpe-
r.java:39)

at com.sfjava.gdo.mops.storedproc.SPHelper.callSP(SPHelpe-
r.java:25)

at com.sfjava.gdo.mops.services.LiveStoredProcServices.insertUs-
er(LiveStoredProcServices.java:1404)

at com.sfjava.gdo.mops.services.InformationServices.handleUpdat-
eUser(InformationServices.java:359)

at com.sfjava.gdo.mops.sessions.IInformationSession.update(IInf-
ormationSession.java:287)

at com.inprise.ejb.ConcreteMethod.invoke(ConcreteMethod.java:25)

at com.inprise.ejb.EJBContext.invoke(EJBContext.java:129)

at com.inprise.ejb.Dispatcher.doInvoke(Dispatcher.java:1055)

at com.inprise.ejb.Dispatcher.invoke(Dispatcher.java:572)

at com.inprise.ejb.Dispatcher.invoke(Dispatcher.java:548)

at com.inprise.ejb.Dispatcher.invoke(Dispatcher.java:242)

at com.sfjava.gdo.ws.server.intf.IFARIRemotePOAInvokeHandler.up-
date(IFARIRemotePOAInvokeHandler.java:88)

at com.sfjava.gdo.mops.sessions.IInformationPOAInvokeHandler.up-
date(IInformationPOAInvokeHandler.java:415)

at com.sfjava.gdo.ws.server.intf.IFARIRemotePOA._invoke(IFARIRe-
motePOA.java:115)

at com.sfjava.gdo.mops.sessions.IInformationPOA._invoke(IInform-
ationPOA.java:64)

at com.inprise.vbroker.poa.POAImpl.invoke(POAImpl.java:2355)

at com.inprise.vbroker.poa.ActivationRecord.invoke(ActivationRe-
cord.java:104)

at com.inprise.vbroker.poa.ServerInterceptorManager$ARWrapper.i-
nvoke(ServerInterceptorManager.java:64)

at com.inprise.vbroker.GIOP.GiopProtocolAdapter.doRequest(GiopP-
rotocolAdapter.java:492)

at com.inprise.vbroker.IIOP.ServerProtocolAdapter.doRequest(Ser-
verProtocolAdapter.java:64)

at com.inprise.vbroker.GIOP.GiopProtocolAdapter.dispatchMessage-
(GiopProtocolAdapter.java:653)

at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.TPDispatcherImpl$TPDispatcher.run(TP-
DispatcherImpl.java:99)

at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ThreadPool$PoolWorker.run(ThreadPool-
.java:76)Statement.close

I recieved a similar error message also using the I-net Opta Driver.

Could you please tell me if you fixed the problem and how you did it.

Thanks

Andreas Bergmann