Wired Oracle/JDBC problem

1 view

Chenping Tsou

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98
The situation is I had a table with 7 columns.

If I insert data into this table one columns at a time, it works fine.
But if I try to insert data into 7 columns at a time, it throws the
following execption:

Any help is appreciated

Ping

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:189)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1219)

at
oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:657)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:770)

at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithBatch(OracleStatement.java:812)

at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute(OracleStatement.java:1154)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:11

87)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatemen

t.java:94)
at oracletest.main(Compiled Code)

vincent

Dec 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/11/98
Hi Chenping,
This is typically a data problem , check that you don't append data to a variable
which grow too large within your loop.
Check also the precision of your columns...