?? regarding ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow

Robert Christenson

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
Hello everyone,

I receive the following SQLException when I attempt to select more
than one column in a select statement.

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer
overflow
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:207)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.fetch(TTC7Protocol.java:783)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:1177)

at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute(OracleStatement.java:1321)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1358)

at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.execute(OracleStatement.java:1606)
at JDBCExample.executeSQL(Compiled Code)
at JDBCExample.main(JDBCExample.java:26)
Process Exit...

I'm using the Oracle Thin driver, 816classes12.zip, with an Oracle 8.0.5
database and JDK 1.2.1

Code snippet goes like this:

ResultSet rs = st.execute ("SELECT * FROM ndigit");

Anyone have any ideas or ever experienced this problem?

Any info would be a great help.

-Bob

Andree Große

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
to Robert Christenson
RTFM of package java.sql.* !! And use stmt.executeQuery("select ...")

public abstract boolean execute(String sql) throws SQLException

Execute a SQL statement that may return multiple results.
Under some (uncommon) situations a single SQL statement may
return multiple result sets and/or update counts. Normally you
can ignore this, unless you're executing a stored procedure that
you know may return multiple results, or unless you're dynamically
executing an unknown SQL string. The "execute", "getMoreResults",
"getResultSet" and "getUpdateCount" methods let you navigate
through
multiple results. The "execute" method executes a SQL statement
and indicates the form of the first result. You can then use
getResultSet or getUpdateCount to retrieve the result, and
getMoreResults to move to any subsequent result(s).

Parameters:
sql - any SQL statement
Returns:
true if the next result is a ResultSet; false if it is an
update count or there are no more results
Throws: SQLException
if a database-access error occurs.
See Also:
getResultSet, getUpdateCount, getMoreResults

Joseph Weinstein

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
to Andree Große
Andree, you seem eager to help, but you need to be more careful and polite.
Robert merely didn't type in the exact code he is executing, else he wouldn't be
getting the exception he is getting from Oracle. That line of code wouldn't
even compile...
Joe

Andree Große wrote:

--
PS: Hey folks, we're hiring Java engineers for our WebLogic
Engineering group in downtown S.F. Send me your resume.