How do i get Resultset from stored procedure..

kvi...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98
hi,

I have just started using CallableStatment in JAVA for calling
stored procedure in oracle .

My problem is..

I want to select rows from a table. The simple stored Procedure to
do the above job is written in PL/SQL . and here is the stored procedure..
create or replace procedure SELECT_TRASH ( Name IN varchar)
AS

V_record trash%ROWTYPE;

BEGIN
select * INTO V_record FROM trash where name = Name;

END;

I want to get all the rows corresponding to the above query using
Resultset...

here is my java part ...

--------------------------------------
// conn is the connection Object that connects to the oracle database.

CallableStatement call = conn.prepareCall( "{call SELECT_TRASH(?)}");

call.setString(1, "sjb");

ResultSet rs = call.executeQuery();

while( rs.next() )
{

// retrieve all the rows and cloumn values..
}

well, this doesn't seem to work... i think i am making some blunder
somewhere.. can anybody help..?

Iam getting following SQLException

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259], [],
[], [], [], [], [], []

at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:189)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1219)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.fetch(TTC7Protocol.java:719)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet.next(OracleResultSet.java:95)

sha...@research.bell-labs.com

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98

kvi...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98