AAArrrrrrrg....What is Up??

john

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
AAArrrrrrrg....What is Up??
Hi ,
This is a wierd problem and I could use a sugestion or 2
I am passing 3 Arrays of Strings to my gui class. the Application works
when I run it with bogus data and pad the 3 arrays.
connection , the app crashes
I get this error...when I use the jdb
Fatal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by
peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in
socket input stream read
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java,
Compiled Code
at sun.tools.debug.AgentIn.run(AgentIn.java:54)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

The application exited
I have tested the ODBC/JCBC connection and It works and handles all the
exceptions.
But when I try to put in a catch for java.net.SocketException. THe compiler
gripes about not needing it. with somethin like this:
: Exception java.net.SocketException is never thrown in the body of the
corresponding try statement.

Any Sugestions??
THanks
John