Oracle Protocol Violations

mpr...@firstfloor.com

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

I'm getting a Protocol Violation when using the Oracle Thin drivers. This
was discussed on the list recently as an Oracle bug and it was mentioned that
Oracle is working on fixing it.

Does anyone have details as too when it will be fixed? (Any Oracle insiders
on the list willing to divulge that info?)

BTW, it looks like I'm getting the exception when I call ResultSet.next(),
here's my stack trace...

java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:378)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oclose.receive(Oclose.java:136)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.closeQuery(TTC7Protocol.java:378)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet.internal_close
(OracleResultSet.java:145)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet.next(OracleResultSet.java:81)

Any suggestions for a work-around?

Thanks for the help,

Mike